Friday, August 15, 2008

One Year in SF

Well, here it is, one year since I moved here.
Just finished teaching a summer class on "The Development of Sex and Gender" and I think it went pretty well. I'm up to my eyeballs in grading at the moment, so hopefully I'll have more time to ruminate on the year anniversary soon.
Turning 41 went smoothly. A few friends in Providence had a little celebration for me last time I was back there, which made me miss it terribly (Providence, not 40, that is).
Tuna continues to be an amazing companion, she is far too tolerant of my bouts of fatigue that prevent her from getting the full walks she deserves.
Hopefully, we will be moving in with Paul and his fiancee soon, at Haight & Divisadero. That will be a lot more affordable, and Tuna will have the nearly constant company of Sascha, which will be quite a blessing for the both of them. Given the location, it will be a lot easier to get them out to the park for a romp, as well. The house is conveniently located smack-dab between Alamo Square (our current haunt, about 8-9 blocks from the Fox Plaza tower), Buena Vista Park, and the Panhandle. And Duboce is nearby too. So she'll be sitting pretty.

Weddings.
I had fun taking pictures of the resumption of similar gender weddings in San Francisco. Took the morning off work and wandered around City Hall, took extensive pictures of two couples. I was able to get ahold of these two later, it felt nice to be able to give them a little momento of their moment in the limelight.


Went to a lovely wedding in San Diego, and took the opportunity to walk over the Mexican border and back. It was very smooth in both directions. Definitely a huge transition over such a line in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment