Sunday, March 1, 2009

Measuring Well-Being


While looking for more data on the well-being of gay men relative to str8 men, I came across this initiative in Europe to measure national (and individual) well-being. I don't ordinarily put much stock in these quiz yourself things, but I think the questions they are asking are useful, and it was kind of fun to compare myself to the various European nations that participate.
Although I have Polish, Irish, Scottish, English & Norwegian heritage (and probably more), my own profile more closely resembles the Hungarians - anhedonic but satisfied. Maybe I should visit there, when I can afford to travel again.
And I score really high on autonomy, which is probably a main (non-material) component of why wealthier people generally have much better health than poorer people.

No comments:

Post a Comment