Thursday, July 26, 2007

One week until I load up my life in a truck

Well, the preparations continue... today I finished painting the front stairs, they'll need a few more days to set. I also got a full coat of paint up in the closet, on the walls & ceiling. I'm high off the fumes!

At work, I set up a backup process that will take overnight. Tomorrow, I'll pack up what bits of the office remain here and ship them to Berkeley! Quite a milestone.

Had my last therapy session today, it was a sweet farewell. If anyone reading this needs a good referral, let me know.

I made my first foray into the wide world of E-Bay today, and bought a macintosh laptop (the old clamshell version, they're so pretty). I figured that would be the easiest way to transfer pictures up here for y'all to see. I actually bought two, in case one is a dud. They were cheap enough. And both orange ('scuse me, tangerine). I need to have some orange around now that Duncan's out of commission. Poor guy. Everyone out there send healing vibes, OK?

I'm planning a more direct route (sort of) now, packing everything into the moving truck on Thursday the 2nd of August, going to Bradford, VT on the 3rd, Schohaire, NY for a family reunion on the 4th. Then I want to go to Ithaca on the 5th, heading off either across Canada to Detroit, or the southern route through Cleveland, to land in Ann Arbor on the 6th.

Chicago on the 7th, if all goes well, then Madison, and maybe as far as Minneapolis on the 8th. Then, on through the Dakotas, somehow, with a northerly trend to take me into Montana. Hoping to get through Montana by the 11th or 12th, then one of two possible routes: any suggestions?
From Missoula, could go West through Spokane to Portland and south along the coast, or I could cut down through Idaho and Nevada, and the last leg would be Reno to Sacramento to San Fran. Hoping to arrive on the 14th, because the truck is due for return on the 15th. It will be a stretch, but I think I can do it.

Especially if I can get some help along the way. I put up an ad on Craig's list looking for a rideshare on various legs of the journey. We'll see if I can scrounge up a companion or two. It's like e-hitching. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment