Monday, August 6, 2007

Bradford, VT -> Quaker Street, NY -> Triangle, NY


On Saturday, Mom and I drove from Bradford out to the family reunion, where we got caught up with so many fine folks.

Afterwards, I drove on into the night, hoping to get to Ithaca.
Travelled along route 88 (do it in the day if you can), looking for a Motel 6 where Tuna and I could stay. But there were no Motel 6's on route 88, so I wasn't sure what to do.
Kept driving into the night along route 206 towards Ithaca, and when I just couldn't go on, I pulled to the side of the road, yanked out my futon frame and futon, laid out nice fresh sheets, and bedded down for the night. The stars were bright and clear.
When I woke up, I was presented with the most beautiful view down a valley to a farmhouse shrouded in fog. And the next day began.

No comments:

Post a Comment