Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday, 17 August

I slept well the first night, the noise of the city below was stimulating, not annoying, as I feared it might be. It’s quite exhilarating, having the sounds of transit shuttling along below. And it makes for more relaxing viewing than television.

The last two days I spent mostly unpacking, putting things away, and hanging the travel maps I collected on the trip.

I did not sleep well last night, the bed is just too unforgiving, and I’ve only got one pillow, so fixing that is a high priority.

It is finally beginning to feel like home here, not home, really, but not like someone else’s space.

Last night, I was walking Tuna at Alamo Square, a nice dog park that’s about a 20 minute walk from here. And I saw a guy who looked a lot like my old roommate, Paul. He walked like him, stood like him. And so I asked someone else “Hey, is that guy’s name Paul?” He didn’t know. But soon after that, the guy stopped, looked at me quizzically, and asked “Bill?”. Well, what do you know. It was great to get in touch again, I’m looking forward to re-connecting after almost 20 years.

Today, I finally got Becca’s boxes out of my apartment, and back to her, got a load of laundry done, and waited for the cable guy to show up. This afternoon, I’m planning to take a quick trip down to SFSU and see if I can’t get some paperwork signed so I can get paid and also figure out how many students I will have next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment